For those who want to flex their muscles, there are plenty of activities to choose from in Gipuzkoa. The mountains invite us to go trekking and sea offers all kinds of water sports. There are options for everyone.
By land, sea or air? There are numerous exciting proposals for the active tourist. With the help of specialised organisations and sporting clubs you can go scuba diving, hang-gliding, or cave-exploring, among other things.
Gipuzkoa also offers the possibility of renting any sporting equipment you might need, so no one has to go without participating in his or her favourite activity.
- Trekking: Beautiful mountains with altitudes between 800 and 1,500 metres invite us on hiking trips. In addition, Gipuzkoa has an ample network of marked pathways. You will find several trekking routes to get you off your feet, among the proposals available on this website.
- 'Mountain bike': Bicycle tourists and mountain bike enthusiasts have a growing number of paths on which to explore the territory.
- In the water: Gipuzkoa has many well-developed facilities for all kinds of water sports, scuba diving, surfing, bodyboarding, rowing, or water motorcycling, as well as kayaking, canoeing, whitewater rafting and hydrospeed rafting.
- In the air: The ancient desire to fly can come true on hang-gliders, paragliders, two-seater flights, aerial trips, and hot air balloon rides.
- Activities in the ground: There are a variety of clubs and organisations where we can enjoy all sorts of exciting activities such as "capeas" (bull fighting), mountain climbing, alpine skiing, cave exploration, karting, bungee jumping, paintball, rappel, horseback riding, snowboarding, and archery.
Top of page.