Guip˙zcoa GIPUZKOA TURISMO WEBSITE
Jump to content.
Jump to navigation menus.
Jump to third and fourth level menus.
Printable version of top page
THIRD AND FOURTH LEVEL MENUS
Idiazabal Cheese Interpretation and Tasting Centre
All about Idiazabal Cheese
This centre reveals us the manufacturing secrets of the product that has made this Goierri town famous. In addition, the visitors will be advised on how to taste cheeses and they will be able to taste three different types of Idiazabal cheese.
It is difficult to think about Idiazabal without remembering its delicious cheese. That is why they created this museum, which tries to show the manufacturing secrets of the dairy product par excellence. It is aimed at everybody, paying a special attention to the little ones.
The centre mascot, Izal the mouse, invites children to build a magnetic puzzle showing the most famous cheeses in the world. The visit includes an introductory course on cheese tasting, according to its smell, colour, and flavour, as well as a visit to the Aramburu Cheese Factory. Moreover, the visitors will have the chance to taste three different types of Idiazabal cheese.
- -All the year: From Monday to Friday, 10.30am-12.30pm. Weekends and bank holidays, 11am-02pm and 04pm-07pm. -July, August, Easter and two weeks in Christmas: From Monday to Friday, 10.30am-01.30pm and 03.30pm-06.30pm. Weekends and bank holidays: 11am-02pm and 04pm-07pm.
- The price of the visit to the museum also includes a visit to the Aranburu Dairy of Idiazabal cheese.
- Museum + dairy: Ç2. -Museum + dairy + cheese-tasting: Ç3
ľ Museum + dairy + cheese-tasting + wine: Ç4.
- Children aged between 5 and 14 years: -Museum + dairy: Ç1 ; -Museum + dairy + cheese-tasting: Ç2.5
- Groups of more than 15 persons: -Museum + dairy: Ç1.5; -Museum + dairy + cheese-tasting: Ç2.5; -Museum + dairy + cheese-tasting with wine: Ç3.5
- Link of interest: Museums of Gipuzkoa
Idiazabal cheese on sale
Information on Gipuzkoa Tourism Website
©2012 Gipuzkoa Provincial Council - Tel. (00) +34 (9) 43 112 111
Printable version of page bottom..
Top of page.